Pet Urine in carpet is a severe problem that not only requires simple cleaning and treatment but also requires major restoration work. When urine is left on your carpets, it doesn’t just stay there. It is penetrated to the fibers and contaminates both the padding of the carpet and the flooring material below the carpet. Repeatedly, without you knowing, your four legged friends will have accidents and will continue to urinate in the same location. As their urine dries, the liquid will evaporate but the urine crystals will become more concentrated. Simple cleaning will not eliminate this odor. When our solution contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.Pet Urine and Odor Removal Procedures:
- We determine the source and severity of the odor.
- We rinse the carpet and perform hot water extraction to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In severe cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage. If necessary, the padding will be removed and replaced (additional charges based on your unique situation will apply for these services).
- We will apply our solution to the carpet backing, the floor, and even the baseboards. It is important to apply this solution heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.
- Over the next couple of days, the ingredients in our solution will react with the urine and will break down the odor causing components.